Here at Southern Cities Daniels Den, we know and understand that all children are a gift, and each have a special purpose in life. The children requiring this type care are born with developmental or physical disabilities, some mechanically dependent that prohibits them acceptance by many of the other programs offered. We have developed a system combined with our our passion, resources, and training that were able to provide the much-needed extended care required for these loving children with unique needs and appreciated by the families and care takers. Respite care is a short-term child care services that offer temporary relief, improve family stability, and reduce the risk of abuse or neglect. Respite can be planned or offered during emergencies or times of crisis.
We understand that the full-time job of having a child with these unique requirements can sometimes be overwhelming. Daniels Den is a much-needed facility in the Middle Georgia area where your child will have an amazing and memorable experience each time they visit. It is a place where families, parents and caretakers can be confident in their decision to allow the trained professionals on our staff to care and tend to need of their children the love. We give parents, caregivers and families an opportunity to rejuvenate, run errands, have jobs, and sometimes focus on themselves and other family members and children. We offer Respite Care Programs. Respite care is a short-term child care services that offer temporary relief, improve family stability, and reduce the risk of abuse or neglect. Respite can be planned or offered during emergencies or times of crisis.
RESPITE CARE STAFF
- Our direct care staff are licensed medical professionals
- Are trained in CPR, first aid, and universal precautions
- Are willing and excited to learn how to communicate with each child
- We staff at no more than a 1 to 3 ratio based on the specific needs of each child.
- Are sensitive to the unique needs of our children
- Become like a trusted member of the child’s life
- Plan arts, games, outings, and other activities that are fun and engaging for each child
- Prepares meals and feed children with a variety of dietary needs